Mediterranean Lentil Soup is a delicious and nutritious dish that is easy to make and packed with flavor. Here’s a recipe for Mediterranean Lentil Soup with Veggies that you can try at home:
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the carrots, celery, zucchini, and lentils to the pot. Stir in the oregano, thyme, basil, and bay leaf. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and diced tomatoes. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Here are the approximate nutritional facts for one serving of Mediterranean Lentil Soup with Veggies (based on a recipe that serves 4):
- Calories: 230
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 630mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Dietary Fiber: 16g
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 14g
Enjoy your delicious and healthy Mediterranean Lentil Soup with Veggies!