- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together minced garlic, olive oil, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the garlic and herb mixture all over the chicken, including under the skin and in the cavity.
- Stuff the cavity with lemon slices.
- Place the chicken on a roasting pan or baking sheet, breast side up.
- Roast the chicken for 20 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.
- Continue roasting for 50-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving. Enjoy!