Chickpea and potato curry is a delicious and nutritious vegetarian dish that is popular in many parts of the world. Here is a simple recipe to make it:
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 ounces) of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for an additional minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, garam masala, and salt, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, and water, and stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan.
- Simmer the curry for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the chickpea and potato curry hot with rice or naan bread.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy chickpea and potato curry!