- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Clean the portobello mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and grill or bake until cooked through. Allow the chicken to cool, and then chop into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chopped chicken to the bowl and mix well.
- Stuff each portobello mushroom with the chicken mixture.
- Spoon marinara sauce over each mushroom and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil before serving. Enjoy!