Welcome to the puzzling paradox of happiness!
In today’s world, we have almost everything we ever wished for, believing these things would make us happy.
However, the reality is that more people are dissatisfied with life than ever before. How did we end up here?
The answer lies in our perpetual state of sleepwalking.
We constantly daydream about the future or dwell on the past, while the present moment slips through our thoughts like sand through our fingers.
Embark on a journey with us as we explore 50 uplifting quotes about living life in the present moment.
These wise words will help you break free from the endless loop of mindless thoughts about what was or what could be, and embrace the beauty of the here and now.
Happiness is a state of mind built on positive thoughts, critical thinking, and gratitude for what you have.
Do you ever notice how much time people spend worrying? As if worrying somehow makes them stronger.
In reality, worrying is nothing more than conjuring dreadful scenarios about what could happen.
Filling your mind with agonizing thoughts doesn’t put you in a better place or give you more control over situations. On the contrary, it steals your resilience.
Living life in the present moment, however, does make you stronger.
Tackling challenges one step at a time ensures you’re never overwhelmed. Multitasking, on the other hand, scatters your ideas and thoughts everywhere, leaving no room for mindfulness in the present moment.
Did you know that when a friend is suffering, one of the most helpful things you can do is simply be present? Sometimes, just being there in silence speaks volumes.
If your mere presence can be so beneficial for others, imagine how valuable it would be if you were always present for yourself – your own best friend – even in silence.
Stay in the present moment because that’s the only time you have control over. We often ask ourselves the wrong questions, like Snow White’s “mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?”
A more relevant question might be, “mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s more present of them all?” After all, if you’re not present in your life, who is? Who’s taking care of your “now”?
- “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” – Thomas S. Monson
- “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.” – Maya Angelou
- “Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed.” – Corita Kent
- “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” – Abraham Maslow
- “The past has no power over the present moment.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “The only moment we have is now.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “One of the best ways to make yourself happy in the present is to recall happy times from the past.” – Gretchen Rubin
- “The present moment is the only moment available to us and it is the door to all moments.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.” – Alice Morse Earle
- “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” – Buddha
- “The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “In this moment, there is plenty of time. In this moment, you are precisely as you should be. In this moment, there is infinite possibility.” – Victoria Moran
- “Life is available only in the present moment.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Today is a new day. Don’t let your history interfere with your destiny! Let today be the day you stop being a victim of your circumstances and start taking action towards the life you want.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The only time you ever have in which to learn anything or see anything or feel anything, or express any feeling or emotion, or respond to an event, or grow, or heal, is this moment, because this is the only moment any of us ever gets. You’re only here now; you’re only alive in this moment.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” – Teilhard de Chardin
- “Live quietly in the moment and see the beauty of all before you. The future will take care of itself.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “Life is a preparation for the future; and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.” – Albert Einstein
- “The present moment is a powerful goddess.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “The art of life is to live in the present moment, and to make that moment as perfect as we can by the realization that we are the instruments and expression of God Himself.” – Emmet Fox
- “Forever is composed of nows.” – Emily Dickinson
- “To be present in the moment is to be free from fear and anxiety about the past or future.” – Gelong Thubten
- “This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love: the more they give, the more they possess.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
- “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
- “The present moment is a powerful time for change.” – Alexandra Stoddard
- “Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” – Peter Hagerty
- “Be where you are; otherwise you will miss your life.” – Buddha
- “The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment: You create a good future by creating a good present.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson